The fair’s presentations are split into two categories—platform and poster presentations.
The 2019 winners include:
- Matthew Auten, MD; Pathology, Anatomy and Laboratory Medicine – “Quality Intervention to Improve Specimen Stability in an Inpatient Pediatric Infusion Facility Performing Growth Hormone Stimulation Testing”
- Loren Custer, MD; Obstetrics/Gynecology – “Addition to Azithromycin to Pre-Operative Antibiotic Regimen in Cesarean Sections that Occur after Onset of Labor”
- Momin Shah Khan, MD; Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology – “Using the Plan-Do-Study-Act Method to Improve Bone Density Screening in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease”
- Daniel O’Brien, MD; Otolaryngology – “Standardization and Reduction of Narcotics after Pediatric Tonsillectomy”
- Claire Schrelten, MD; Pediatrics – “Revisiting Discussions of Transitions of Care at WVU Pediatric and Adolescent Group Practice”
- Phillip Purnell, MD; Otolaryngology – “Examining the Clinical Benefit and Cost of Immunoglobulin Testing in Patients with Chronic Rhinosinusitis”