Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship
Welcome to the West Virginia University Addiction Psychiatry program. We offer a one-year ACGME-accredited fellowship program and proudly serve our state and region with much-needed addiction care and services.
Here is what our Addiction Psychiatry fellowship offers at WVU:
- Chance to care for under-served rural populations at the epicenter of the opioid crisis.
- Access to manage a wide and often complex variety of addiction cases.
- Focus on evidence-based treatments through a continuum of recovery-oriented addiction services while working in different levels of care.
- Multidisciplinary and the entire spectrum of ASAM levels of care for clinic rotations including addiction consult & liaison service, pain management, dual diagnosis unit, and an addiction intensive outpatient program.
- New 30-bed 28-day residential treatment facility for our residential rotation
- WVU has one of the largest Buprenorphine Medical Assisted Treatment programs in the nation.
- Interactive didactic teaching with practical components such as clinic case studies.
WVU’s Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry is a member of WVU’s Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute with faculty well-published in scientific research. Our department chair is board-certified in Addiction Psychiatry and highly supportive of our program. We are committed to offering mentorship and addiction research opportunities to our fellows.
Away from work, Morgantown features beautiful landscapes for outdoor activities and close proximity to larger metropolitan areas like Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Columbus, Ohio, and Washington D.C.
Hear from current Mountaineers
Mountaineers know West Virginia University is special.
See cases you want to see, learn from mentors and contribute to your specialty through research. It’s all part of perfecting your skills as a clinician and advancing your career with our fellowship training.
We know that can be demanding, so as you train, we have programs, facilities and amenities to help sustain your growth, on and off the clock.