Solve real problems
Create a collaborative basic science, clinical and translational research network
Increase engagement in research and scholarship
Expand and facilitate multi-disciplinary collaborations and partnerships
Rapidly translate knowledge to positively affect health outcomes and wellness
Democratize solutions and demonstrate broad impact
Pathways to Success
Our stated goals for charting our course in discovery include:
- Submitting extramural grant applications on which interdisciplinary investigators (clinicians, basic or population health focused scientists) serve as co-PI or co-investigators.
- Increasing extramural grant submissions focused on West Virginia specific health disparities aligned with WVU Center and Institute priorities.
- Encouraging and supporting trainees (student, post doc fellow, clinical resident) to author peer-reviewed publications.
- Including trainees on abstracts accepted at national/international meetings.
- Increasing training (PI and institutional) and career development grant submissions.
Bringing Strategy to Life
This site will continually be updated with information on people, projects and ideas that put strategy to action as we execute the next stage our strategic plan.
News and Profiles
Medical Laboratory Science
“Medical Laboratory Science is an incredibly rewarding field of study. Our role in the diagnosis and care of patients in medicine is vital.”