Qualified applicants for the WVU MOT program must meet the following admission requirements:
- MOT application via OTCAS completed between September 15-February 15.
- Completion of 20 hours of observation with at least two different occupational therapists in at least two different sites with verification forms.
- Two recommendation letters (Professional, Academic or Personal/Non-Relative) that speak to your skills, knowledge, and aptitude related to becoming an occupational therapist. The WVU MOT program requires two recommendations, this differs from the OTCAS system which requires the contact information for three “evaluations” (recommendations). For students applying to the WVU MOT program only, you will need to submit the contact information for a third person from any source to be able to submit the OTCAS application. The third evaluation and recommendation letter will not have to be completed (uploaded) for your application to be considered by the WVU MOT program.
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 (based on a 4.00 scale).
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.00 (based on a 4.00 scale).
- Official transcripts from all colleges/ universities attended.
- Written personal statement specific to motivation to become an OT, why the applicant is a good fit for WVU OT, and why chose WVU to study OT.
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae that highlights the applicant’s achievements, honors, and skills that prepared them for the occupational therapy profession.
- Interview (virtual) with MOT faculty and a community occupational therapist.
- No more than three outstanding prerequisite courses at the time of application.